When it comes to staying home, we all have our reasons. Maybe you’re sick and want to rest. Maybe you don’t want to battle the traffic. Maybe you just plain don’t feel like going out. Whatever the case may be, here are 18 good excuses to leave the house. ###
You don’t have anything to wear
If you’re having a tough time coming up with excuses to leave the house, here are some good ones to help get you out of the door! 1. I’m too hot/cold: Depending on the weather, sometimes it can be hard to put on clothes because they’re not warm or cool enough. If you’re feeling too warm, try dressing in layers or wearing something light and airy that will let your body breathe. If it’s really cold outside, consider bundling up and going out later when the weather is more agreeable. 2. I need to finish this project: Sometimes we procrastinate because we think we have to finish everything before we can go out, but in reality, sometimes finishing a task can take away from our enjoyment of life. Sometimes it’s better to go for a walk or do something else that we enjoy instead of sitting around waiting for something that might never happen. 3. There’s no food in the house: This one is kind of obvious, but sometimes when we don’t feel like cooking dinner ourselves, all we have is boxed macaroni and cheese or some other fast food option. Instead of letting hunger become an excuse not to leave the house, try making something at home or heading over to a friend’s house for dinner. 4. My child needs me: No matter how old your child is, there will always be times when they need you and you shouldn’t miss those opportunities simply because you don’t have anything else going on that
You’re too tired
If you find yourself feeling too tired to leave the house, there are plenty of reasons why you can excuse yourself. Maybe you have a lot of work to catch up on or you’re feeling ill. Whatever the reason, here are some good excuses to leave the house:
1. You have a headache.
2. You’re not feeling well.
3. You have something important to take care of at home.
4. You need sleep to be ready for your next day of work.
5. There’s rain in the forecast and you don’t want to get wet outside.
6. You have company coming over and you don’t want them to see you looking tired.
7. The dog needs walked and it’s raining outside so that isn’t an option right now either.
8. There’s a big sale going on at your local store and you want to buy something!
It’s raining outside
If it’s raining outside, that means you can stay in and watch some good tv shows or movies. You don’t have to go outside and deal with the wet weather. Here are some good excuses to leave the house:
-You need to finish up work on that project you’ve been putting off
-There’s a great movie playing at the theater that you really want to see
-Family member is visiting and you need to spend time with them
-There’s a potluck party tonight and you promised your friend you’d come
-It’s just too nasty out there and you don’t feel like getting wet
You need to get your hair done
There are plenty of good reasons to get your hair done and leave the house. Maybe you’re running late for a meeting or you just don’t feel like dealing with your frizzy locks. Here are six good excuses to get your hair done:
1. You have a big interview tomorrow and you need to look your best!
2. Your kid’s soccer game is in an hour and you haven’t brushed your hair in days!
3. You’ve been complaining about how dry and frizzy your hair is, so it’s time to take care of it!
4. The weather’s finally getting better, so it’s time to break out the blowouts and buns!
5. You always complain about how long your hair takes to style, so why not let someone else take care of it?
6. You just got back from vacation and you want to show off all those tan lines – no beach waves for you!
There’s a sale at the store
There’s a sale at the store and you don’t feel like going. Or maybe it’s raining out and you don’t want to get wet. Or you have some other emergency that requires your immediate attention. No problem! Here are some good excuses to leave the house:
1. I’m feeling sick and need to go home and rest.
2. I need to call my mom or dad and tell them I’m okay.
3. I’ve got an early class tomorrow and can’t stay out any longer.
4. There’s a huge sale going on at the store, and I need to take advantage of it!
The dog needs to go outside
If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot of excuses for why you can’t leave the house. But whether your reason is that there’s too much work to be done or you just don’t feel like going outside, there are plenty of good reasons to leave the house on a regular basis.
By taking some simple steps, like making a plan and establishing some ground rules, you can make leaving the house a breeze. Here are five tips for getting out of the door:
1) Make a plan
When you’re trying to get out of the house, it can be easy to get bogged down by distractions. But if you make a plan before leaving, it will be easier to stay on track. Brainstorm what tasks you need to accomplish while you’re away and write them down so that they won’t stay floating around in your head.
2) Establish ground rules
Obviously, not everything can be scheduled in advance, but setting ground rules will help keep things manageable when you do have time off. For example, make sure that everyone knows how long they’ll be gone and what time they’ll return. And make sure that everyone knows not to touch any valuable items while they’re away!
3) Get organized
If your home is disorderly when you’re not there, it will only take seconds for someone else to start making chaos again when you do come back. Take a few minutes before leaving to tidy up so that returning won’t
You have to work on your car
1. You have to work on your car. It’s not like you can just leave it sitting there all day – even if it is your only means of transportation! Plus, who knows when the next service date will be?
2. Your dog needs to go out. They probably got pretty lonely being at home all day.
3. There’s a big sale at the mall! You’re going to miss it if you don’t go now!
4. Your mom called and said she’s going to be late for dinner and she wanted you to know.
1. You have to work on your car – that’s just common sense! Sure, it might not be the most exciting thing in the world, but it’s important that your car is taken care of so that you can get around town safely. Plus, who knows when the next service date will be? Just because you’re stuck at home doesn’t mean you have to miss out on everything – take advantage of these good excuses to leave the house!
2. Dogs always seem happier when they’re outside running around – so why not let them go out and play? And who knows, maybe they’ll find a new friend while they’re out there!
3. If there’s ever a big sale at the mall, wouldn’t it be great if you could get in on it? Not only that, but sometimes sales can happen spontaneously so you never know – better not to miss out
You have to finish up some schoolwork
If you’re feeling antsy and need to get out of the house, here are some good excuses to leave!
1. I have to finish up some schoolwork.
2. I have a paper due tomorrow and I need to go to the library to get it done.
3. There’s something I need to take care of at home.
4. My mom needs me to help in the kitchen so she can make dinner.
5. I really want to watch a movie tonight but my movie rental is due back tomorrow and I don’t want to lose it!
6. There’s this new restaurant down the street that I’m dying to try and I don’t want to miss its opening night because I’m staying home.
You just remembered you have an important meeting later today
If you have an important meeting later today, there are a few good excuses you can use to leave the house.
-You’re feeling sick: If you feel like you’re about to throw up or have a fever, claiming that you’re feeling sick is a great way to get out of your meeting.
-Your child has a doctor’s appointment: If your child has an important doctor’s appointment, leaving to go see them is often the best excuse.
-Your pet needs walked: If your pet needs walked, claiming they need fresh air is a great way to get out of your meeting.
-Someone in your family is having surgery: If someone in your family is having surgery, telling them that someone in their family has to go in for surgery can be a great excuse.
Your friend is coming over for dinner and you need to get started
If your friend is coming over for dinner and you need to get started on meal prep, here are some good excuses to leave the house:
-I have to run an errand.
-I need to pick up something from the store.
-My mom needs me to help her with something.
-I’m going to my kid’s soccer game.
-I have a meeting at work.
What is the best excuse to leave?
1. A family emergency.
2. Gotta go to the store.
3. Got an early meeting.
4. Got a lot of homework to do.
5. I’m too tired/it’s raining outside/I have a headache/I’m sick/there’s something I need to take care of at home.
What to tell parents to get out of the house?
Don’t feel guilty about leaving the house – there are plenty of good reasons to get out of the house! Here are five convincing excuses to leave the house:
1. I need some fresh air!
2. I need to go shopping!
3. I need to go see a friend!
4. I need to take a break from homework/work/life!
5. I want to watch a movie/listen to music/read a book outside!
How can I sneak out of my house?
One way to sneak out of the house without getting caught is to come up with good excuses. Here are five good reasons why you might need to leave the house…
1. You have a date night planned!
2. There’s an important meeting you need to attend
3. You have to run some errands
4. Your parents are visiting from out of town and you don’t want them staying in your house all-day
5. You have a hot date waiting for you, and you don’t want to keep him waiting
What is a good excuse not to go somewhere?
If you find yourself stuck in a rut, or just don’t feel like going out, there are plenty of good excuses to leave the house. Here are five great reasons why you might want to stay put:
1. You’re feeling under the weather – whether it’s a cold or flu bug, staying home gives your body time to recover.
2. You have something important to work on – if you have some big project due at work that you can’t put off, staying in maybe your best option. Instead of feeling stressed out about the deadline, take some time to focus on the task at hand and relax when it’s finished.
3. There’s too much rain in the forecast – even if you’re not feeling well, a rainy day can make leaving seem unbearable. Stay inside and catch up on your reading or watch TV–whatever makes you feel relaxed and comfortable.
4. You have company – sometimes all it takes is one friend to get us out of our comfort zones. Invite them over for dinner or watch a movie together–anything that will get everyone talking and interacting in an enjoyable way.
5. The kids are finally done with school for the day – what could be better than coming home to a quiet house and some peace and quiet? This is especially true if summer has finally arrived and there’s no homework waiting for you!